Saturday, March 3, 2012

C4K Summary


C4K #1: My first child’s name I was assigned to was Cesar from Mr. C’s class. Cesar wrote a story about a vacation. This child has such a vivid imagination and he incorporated several visual details in his post. He talks about a path he takes while his parents were out on the boat. He found a picture of a dirt road in the woods and put it in the middle of his post so you could have a clearer idea of what he was visioning. He also added an audio clip of a thunderstorm. I complimented him on his creative imagination and how he added enough detail for me to picture everything he was saying. Oh, and he drew a really nice drawing using Paint that I really enjoyed.

C4K #2: My second child was 20Jlongest and he wrote about his dog, Digs. He is a golden retriever that, apparently, isn’t very calm and barks a lot. His post was short, but he basically talks about how Digs is his best friend and that he’s a rather gassy dog—which made me giggle. I tried to relate to him, so I told him about my dog and told him I have always wanted a golden retriever. Like I said, it was a short post, but the child loves his pup!

C4K #3: My third child’s name is Ashley and her blog was about skyping with a class from New Orleans, LA and the Mardi Gras culture. She talks about the Mardi Gras Mambo, Zulu coconuts, the meaning of Fat Tuesday, and what the Mardi Gras colors mean. She seemed tickled about the king cake and the plastic baby tradition. In my reply, I gave her a little more background information about Mardi Gras and how it originated in Mobile. I also mentioned that I attend school in Mobile. I didn’t know what the Mardi Gras colors represented, so I made sure to tell her she taught me something. I think it’s nice for student’s to know they teach us a good bit of the time.

C4K #4: This was my favorite post. The child I was assigned to this week was 5P5 and his blog was about drinking and driving. He mentions that drinking and driving can lead to accidents, hurting someone, or diseases. One particular statement of his that stood out to me was: “It’s also bad for children’s future because they might see what you are doing and want to do
that too.” If a child can see the repercussions of drinking and driving, why can’t we? I commented and told him that I really liked his post and, particularly, his statement on how ones actions can affect people, other than themselves. He commented back thanking me for commenting on his post. I didn’t realize that these kids really do enjoy when people pay attention to their blog. They think they’re just doing an assignment, but they’re impacting those who take the time to read.

1 comment:

  1. Hello April,

    Good post. Your image does not appear to have a title tag with the source. So you need to fix that. I think it's great that a student commented back to you. It's always fun for that to happen because you get to see their enthusiasm firsthand.

    ReplyDelete