Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K Summary

Children Laying down making faces.

For the month of April we were assigned to the same child for three weeks. The little girl I was assigned to was Hailee. Hailee didn’t have many posts, but the ones she did have were awesome. She had a Prezi as one post, a Voki for another, and her first post was her name and her interests.

Her Prezi included different activities she enjoyed doing, some interesting facts about her and her appearance, and some of her favorite hobbies. I was very impressed with her Prezi, especially because I had the option to do one, but opted out because it seemed complicated. After seeing hers, I wish I had chose to do it! It was very informative, and organized. I complemented her Prezi and told her that I wished I had tried it.

Her Voki was an avatar and it said: “My name is Hailee and I like basketball.” There wasn’t much to it, but I did tell her it was neat and that her avatar was very pretty. It looked a lot like the person she described in her Prezi. I also asked her if she played basketball for her school and who her favorite team was.

Her first post only said “Hi my name is Hailee. I like sports and running. :)” She had a penguin game on the side of her blog that I played for about 3 minutes. I have a strange obsession with pengies, which is what I call them, and I told her that I LOVED her game. I also asked her what other sports she played besides running and I also mentioned that I wish I enjoyed it; I’d be in a lot better shape!

My last C4K post was today and I was assigned to a little boy named Tom. Tom made a video and talked about what he did over the weekend. Apparently, his dad bought him a PSP and he played with it all weekend. He also got some new games to go along with it. I told him that I bet it was exciting to get such a cool gift, and I talked about how the gaming world has changed since I was his age. I also asked him what games he got. He had a paint drawing that he uploaded and I complemented that, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment